Front Door of Arthur George Heaven's Farmhouse with 1849 Date
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Farm house built 1849. Lot 6 Concession 1 NDS Boyne, Trafalgar Township (or 1510 Bronte Street South, Milton).
Note the "detail" image showing the atachment of the front door and the date above door which reads, "A.S. 1849".
The original land patent was granted to Robert Loring in July 1825. Andrew Suiter bought the south half of Lot 6, Concession 1 NS from Henry Freeland in May 1829. Suiter married Hannah Green and they farmed the east half of Lot 6, Concession 1 N. Andrew died on August 19, 1863.
The estate of Robert Suiter sold the farm to English immigrant Arthur George Heaven in 1883. Arthur George
Heaven was born in Bristol England on February 9, 1835. His wife Jane Stephens was born in Bristol, England on November 5, 1839. They came with their children; Herbert G., Claude, Lillian, Cecil, Muriel and Cam. The house was/is 10-rooms, 1 1/2 storey, stone.
Land records indicate Arthur G. Heaven sold the farm to his son Herbert Heaven in 1895. Arthur and Jane Heaven moved to in “Glenside”, just west of 4th Line, south of the Lakeshore Road, the area of McCraney`s Corners.
On 29 Oct 1896, at St. Judes Church, Oakville, Herbert George Heaven, a 31-year-old farmer of Trafalgar Township married Charlotte A. McCraney of Trafalgar, daughter of James W. and Augusta McCraney. The Bronte Road farm stayed in the Heaven family until April 1925.
- This photograph was taken in 1984.
- Date Of Event:
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Front Door of Arthur George Heaven's Farmhouse with 1849 Date
Trafalgar Township Historical Society