Dr. John A Johnstone (Veterinarian) Postville
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Dr. Johnstone and his family lived at 3048 Trafalgar Road, Lot 13, Con 1 NDS. According to his obituary, he worked as the veterinary inspector for Halton County. He also served as deputy reeve of Trafalgar Township.
The family attended Munn's Methodist, later United, Church and are buried in Munn's Cemetery.
- 3048 Trafalgar Road is recognized by the Town of Oakville on the Register of Properties of Cultural Heritage Value or Interest (Not Designated), for its "potential cultural heritage value for its c.1890 Queen Anne style house and for its associations with Dr. Johnstone and the former hamlet of Trafalgar."
As of March 2019, there is a proposal to retain the house on the site next to a new condominium building. The plan will ensure the house is properly situated and conserved as part of the development, and to designate the house.
The 2015 realty ad focusses on the excellent commercial use value for this property. The house is described as, "Existing 2 storey wood frame house in As-is condition".
- Personal Name(s)
- Dr. John Albert Johnstone, 1862-1938. Wife: Henrietta (Hettie) Marcella Laidlaw, 1864-1938. They married in 1888.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4880304938495 Longitude: -79.7223335339355
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Dr. John A. Johnstone (Veterinarian) Postville
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton