- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Headstone of John Ezra Inglehart and his wife, Susanna (Oakley), in Palermo United Cemetery, Dundas Street at Old Bronte Road, Trafalgar Township.
John Ezra Inglehart was the 8th child and 3rd son of John Peter Inglehart and Elizabeth "Betsy" Fisher. John married Susanna Oakley, his first cousin.
In the Historical Atlas of Halton County 1877, John Ezra's farm was located at Con 1, SDS. lot 32, Township of Trafalgar, Nelson County, Ontario. He was born in Canada and settled his land in 1837.
The two daughters of John and Susanna were Ella who died at age 44 on July 26, 1905 and Emma, who died on the same day at 34 years of age, hit by a train when they were crossing the tracks in a buggy, and who are also buried in the Palermo cemetery on Dundas.
- Susanna's parents were Reuben Oakley who had come to Canada from England and his second wife, Mary Inglehart Colanda, the sister of his first wife, Elizabeth Inglehart who had died ca 1832. Reuben and Mary are also buried in Palermo United Cemetery, Trafalgar Township.
- Personal Name(s):
- John Ezra Inglehart, b. May 27, 1833, d. December 25, 1910.
Susanna (Oakley) Inglehart, b. 1836, d. October 4, 1904.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Inglehart Tombstone
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton