Terrace Bay Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
2117
matching items
Geographic Location
Terrace Bay
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Jackfish Coal Dock
    Image       Before 1885, Jackfish was the last stop for the railroad. Jackfish coal dock was the terminal that received coal from the United States, for use in the steam powered locomotives till the 1940's. This is where Terrace Bay got its previous name of Black Pit or Black Siding. When the ...
    Image     Before 1885, Jackfish was the last stop for the railroad. Jackfish coal dock was the terminal that received coal from the United States, for use in the steam powered locomotives ...
  • Mills South Camp - Terrace Bay
    Image       An aerial view of south camp, Terrace Bay, Ontario.
    Image     An aerial view of south camp, Terrace Bay, Ontario.
  • South Camp - Men's Dormatories
    Imagemystery       A view of employees having a break outside the mens dormitory at South Camp, Terrace Bay, Ontario.
    Imagemystery     A view of employees having a break outside the mens dormitory at South Camp, Terrace Bay, Ontario.
  • South Camp - Men's Dormitories
    Image       Another view of the rear of the dormitories at South Camp, Terrace Bay, Ontario.
    Image     Another view of the rear of the dormitories at South Camp, Terrace Bay, Ontario.
  • Aerial View of Terrace Bay
    Image       A birds eye view at the town of Terrace Bay. Year is unknown.
    Image     A birds eye view at the town of Terrace Bay. Year is unknown.
  • Aguasabon River - Freeing the Log Jam
    Imagemystery       Photo of employees during a 'river drive' on the Aguasabon River.
    Imagemystery     Photo of employees during a 'river drive' on the Aguasabon River.
  • Pouring Cement
    Image       A group of construction employees pour cement at the Hayes Lake Dam project ~1946.
    Image     A group of construction employees pour cement at the Hayes Lake Dam project ~1946.
  • Pulp and Paper Conveyor Belt
    Image       Shown in this photo are huge piles of pulpwood in the background and the conveyor belt trams to carry the pulp wood into the plant for processing.
    Image     Shown in this photo are huge piles of pulpwood in the background and the conveyor belt trams to carry the pulp wood into the plant for processing.
  • Pump House Road (1950)
    Image       A view of Lake Superior from Pump House road located at Terrace Bay, Ontario.
    Image     A view of Lake Superior from Pump House road located at Terrace Bay, Ontario.
  • LongLac Pulp and Paper Company Limited - An Invitation (1948)
    Image       An invitation for the laying of the cornerstone of the new mill at Terrace Bay that was renamed Kimberly Clark Pulp and Paper Co. in 1948. The invitation was sent to Mary Letain.
    Image     An invitation for the laying of the cornerstone of the new mill at Terrace Bay that was renamed Kimberly Clark Pulp and Paper Co. in 1948. The invitation was sent ...
  • Imperial Bank of Canada (1946)
    Image       The Imperial Bank of Canada opened a branch in Terrace Bay on October 1, 1946.
    Image     The Imperial Bank of Canada opened a branch in Terrace Bay on October 1, 1946.
  • Terrace Bay Mill(1947)
    Image       Black and white photo of the construction of what became Kimberly Clark Pulp and Paper Mill, 1947.
    Image     Black and white photo of the construction of what became Kimberly Clark Pulp and Paper Mill, 1947.
  • Terrace Bay South Camp - Premier Moving Picture Show (1947)
    Imagemystery       The residents of Terrace Bay went to South Camp for medical attention,church services, mail, banking and recreation, as seen in this photo from 1947.
    Imagemystery     The residents of Terrace Bay went to South Camp for medical attention,church services, mail, banking and recreation, as seen in this photo from 1947.
  • Pump House Construction (1946)
    Image       View of Pump House construction at Aguasabon Generating Station located by Terrace Bay Ontario. Construction was completed by 1948 with costs totaling $12,755,000.
    Image     View of Pump House construction at Aguasabon Generating Station located by Terrace Bay Ontario. Construction was completed by 1948 with costs totaling $12,755,000.
  • Aguasabon Generating Plant - Tunnel Construction
    Image       A look at the Aguasabon generating station tunnel located in Terrace Bay, Ontario. In 1946, the town of Terrace Bay approved the construction of Hayes Lake Dam to provide water for Aguasabon Generating Station. As seen in this photo, a water tunnel 1057m in length and 4.6m in diameter drops ...
    Image     A look at the Aguasabon generating station tunnel located in Terrace Bay, Ontario. In 1946, the town of Terrace Bay approved the construction of Hayes Lake Dam to provide water ...
  • Aguasabon Dam
    Image       In 1946, the Aguasabon Dam was created to supply power to Longlac Pulp and Paper (Kimberly Clark) as well as residences in Terrace Bay and surrounding area.
    Image     In 1946, the Aguasabon Dam was created to supply power to Longlac Pulp and Paper (Kimberly Clark) as well as residences in Terrace Bay and surrounding area.
  • Bowling Alley North Camp (1949)
    Image       Photo of the bowling alley at North Camp where the residents of Terrace Bay would gather for fun and recreation.
    Image     Photo of the bowling alley at North Camp where the residents of Terrace Bay would gather for fun and recreation.
  • Crane-Hayes Lake Dam
    Image       Photo of large crane used in the construction of the Hayes Lake Dam located near Terrace Bay, Ontario.
    Image     Photo of large crane used in the construction of the Hayes Lake Dam located near Terrace Bay, Ontario.
  • CPR Tracks (~1947)
    Image       Looking north, across the CPR tracks towards South Camp and the mill, near Terrace Bay, Ontario.
    Image     Looking north, across the CPR tracks towards South Camp and the mill, near Terrace Bay, Ontario.
  • Hayes Lake Hydro Dam Construction
    Image       A view of a crane working on the Hayes Lake Dam that was engineered in 1946, Terrace Bay Ontario.
    Image     A view of a crane working on the Hayes Lake Dam that was engineered in 1946, Terrace Bay Ontario.
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit