The Collapse of the Russell Arena
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Original black and white photograph of the wreckage caused by the collapse of the Russell Arena during construction.
- During construction of this arena in 1912, the building collapsed. The ribs all came down. A spectator ran back to retrieve his hat and was killed.
- Date of Original
- Russell Sports
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.2501 Longitude: -75.36602
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Location of Original
- Russell's Historical Society's Keith M. Boyd Museum
- Bibliothèque publique du canton de RussellEmail
Agency street/mail address
1053, Concession Street
Russell (ON) K4R 1E1