Results

We found
51
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Thompson Township History, 1988
    TextImage       This is a nineteen page collection of photos and a brief history account of Thompson Township. It is held in a soft cover (duotang style folder) and was compiled by Mr. Archie Roach.
    TextImage     This is a nineteen page collection of photos and a brief history account of Thompson Township. It is held in a soft cover (duotang style folder) and was compiled by ...
  • First Setttlers Won War Over Elements - Circa 1979
    TextImage       A newspaper clipping about the beginnings of Iron Bridge and some of the first arrivals. It was surveyed in 1876 and the Taits and Tullochs arrived in 1879. The first horses arrived by boat to Thessalon and then were walked to (Mud) Bright Lake and swam across the lake.
    TextImage     A newspaper clipping about the beginnings of Iron Bridge and some of the first arrivals. It was surveyed in 1876 and the Taits and Tullochs arrived in 1879. The first ...
  • Diary of Early Algoma Settler Paints Vivid Picture of Pioneer Life -Circa 1976
    TextImage       A newspaper clipping about the pioneers of the area like Robert Sadler, the article tells of the tales his daughter Ruth Chevis knew about her fathers youngest days.
    TextImage     A newspaper clipping about the pioneers of the area like Robert Sadler, the article tells of the tales his daughter Ruth Chevis knew about her fathers youngest days.
  • "Oldtimers Recall Dyment Mill", Sault Star Clipping, 1969
    TextImage  Edith Cameron, The Sault Star, March 17, 1969     This is a newspaper clipping about some local "oldtimers" recalling their memories of the Nathanial Dyment and his lumber Mill in the Thessalon area in the late 1800s to early 1900s. A photo of mill workers standing in front of the mill circa 1900 is located above the written article. ...
    TextImage  Edith Cameron, The Sault Star, March 17, 1969   This is a newspaper clipping about some local "oldtimers" recalling their memories of the Nathanial Dyment and his lumber Mill in the Thessalon area in the late 1800s to early ...
  • "The Sault of yesteryear--from the Star's files", Sault Star Clipping, 1971
    Text  The Sault Star, 1971     This is a brief newspaper clipping reprinting a 1921 article from The Sault Daily Star. The article is about the origins of the name Thessalon.
    Text  The Sault Star, 1971   This is a brief newspaper clipping reprinting a 1921 article from The Sault Daily Star. The article is about the origins of the name Thessalon.
  • "Local Hospital Enters a New Era", North Shore Sentinel Clipping, 1981
    TextImage       This is a newspaper article about the history of the local hospital. The hospital is about to change from a Red Cross Hospital to the Thessalon Hospital, and be administered by Plummer Memorial Hospital of Sault Ste. Marie. There are two photos, one of the Red Cross hospital before it ...
    TextImage     This is a newspaper article about the history of the local hospital. The hospital is about to change from a Red Cross Hospital to the Thessalon Hospital, and be administered ...
  • "Station Landmark Dating Back to 1910 to be Razed", Sault Star Clipping, 1971
    TextImagemysterycomment  Edith Cameron, The Sault Star, Dec. 10, 1971     This is a newspaper clipping that shares information about some of this history of the railroad in Thessalon. It highlights rail travel and personnel involved in the area and the impending decommissioning of the Thessalon Station. A photo above the text shows the station.
    TextImagemysterycomment  Edith Cameron, The Sault Star, Dec. 10, 1971   This is a newspaper clipping that shares information about some of this history of the railroad in Thessalon. It highlights rail travel and personnel involved in the area and the ...
  • E.Cameron Notes regarding Algoma Mills, Thessalon and Nesterville
    Textmystery       This one page of document which appears to be amassed by Edith Cameron regarding the early history and development of Algoma Mills, Thessalon, and Nesterville.
    Textmystery     This one page of document which appears to be amassed by Edith Cameron regarding the early history and development of Algoma Mills, Thessalon, and Nesterville.
  • Princess Margaret Junior Women's Institute, 1949
    Imagemystery       This is a black and white photo of ten ladies, one of whom is holding a baby, standing in front of an unidentified building.
    Imagemystery     This is a black and white photo of ten ladies, one of whom is holding a baby, standing in front of an unidentified building.
  • Completed Iron Bridge Museum, 1980
    Image       The photo shows the completed Iron Bridge Museum. The museum is complete with wood shutters, chinked log construction, a plank door, and curtains on the windows.
    Image     The photo shows the completed Iron Bridge Museum. The museum is complete with wood shutters, chinked log construction, a plank door, and curtains on the windows.
  • Albert Isaac Weir Family History,Thessalon, 1917-200.
    Text       A one page list of a partial family tree beginning with Herbert Isaac Weir, born August 17, 1917 and his marriage to Verna Margaret Hopkins. This document lists the children of their marriage, and the marriages and children of their children.
    Text     A one page list of a partial family tree beginning with Herbert Isaac Weir, born August 17, 1917 and his marriage to Verna Margaret Hopkins. This document lists the children ...
  • Cyrus Rothwell Allen, Circa 1900
    Text       This is historical information written about Cyrus Rothwell Allen from his birth in Iron Bridge May 4, 1884 to his death July 21, 1934.
    Text     This is historical information written about Cyrus Rothwell Allen from his birth in Iron Bridge May 4, 1884 to his death July 21, 1934.
  • Landmark Hotel Dated Back to Lumber Boom - 1987
    TextImage       A newspaper clipping about the fire that leveled the Rod & Gun Hotel. The historic structure dated back to the original lumber boom times in 1896 when the main part of the hotel was built by Robert Arnill, an early storekeeper and the first postmaster for the village.
    TextImage     A newspaper clipping about the fire that leveled the Rod & Gun Hotel. The historic structure dated back to the original lumber boom times in 1896 when the main part ...
  • Fraser Homestead - Circa 1975
    TextImage       A newspaper clipping about the home built by Mr. and Mrs. Alec Fraser who created their own small bit of Scotland back in Patton Township.
    TextImage     A newspaper clipping about the home built by Mr. and Mrs. Alec Fraser who created their own small bit of Scotland back in Patton Township.
  • List of Advocate Subscribers Posted Overseas- 1942
    Text       A list of local boys who were receiving the local paper overseas during their service in WW II.
    Text     A list of local boys who were receiving the local paper overseas during their service in WW II.
  • Reverend G.R. Kitchen
    Image       This is a formal portrait of Reverend G.R.Kitchen who was ministering in the Iron Bridge United Church in 1899 when the church was rebuilt after a fire destroyed the first church built in 1892.
    Image     This is a formal portrait of Reverend G.R.Kitchen who was ministering in the Iron Bridge United Church in 1899 when the church was rebuilt after a fire destroyed the first ...
  • Commemorative's Cabinet, Iron Bridge United Church, May 1992
    Image       A close up photo of the top half of a display cabinet inside the Iron Bridge United Church where various objects are on display, all with great significance to the church.
    Image     A close up photo of the top half of a display cabinet inside the Iron Bridge United Church where various objects are on display, all with great significance to the ...
  • Commemorative's Cabinet, Iron Bridge United Church, May 1992
    Image       A close up photo of the bottom half of a display cabinet inside the Iron Bridge United Church where various objects are on display, all with great significance to the church.
    Image     A close up photo of the bottom half of a display cabinet inside the Iron Bridge United Church where various objects are on display, all with great significance to the ...
  • 50 Years Ago - July 7, 1930
    Text       A brief clipping recounting the flood situation between Blind River and Iron Bridge in 1930 due to the overflowing of the Mississagi River.
    Text     A brief clipping recounting the flood situation between Blind River and Iron Bridge in 1930 due to the overflowing of the Mississagi River.
  • Quilt, Paintings Depict Dean Lake History
    TextImage       The quilt and paintings were on display at a Town picnic over a Labour Day weekend at which a memorial plaque was unveiled in honor of Clifford (Burns) Beharriel for his years of service to the community.
    TextImage     The quilt and paintings were on display at a Town picnic over a Labour Day weekend at which a memorial plaque was unveiled in honor of Clifford (Burns) Beharriel for ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit