Results

We found
17
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Burtis Mill (Carolyn Beach) Thessalon, Burned July 4, 1912
    Image       Along the top of the photograph: "Burtis Mill (Carolyn Beach) Thessalon burned 04 July 1912"
    Image     Along the top of the photograph: "Burtis Mill (Carolyn Beach) Thessalon burned 04 July 1912"
  • "Fire Destroys Red Cross Outpost Hospital", Globe and Mail Clipping, 1940
    TextImagemystery       This is a newspaper clipping about the destruction of the Canadian Red Cross outpost hospital in Thessalon. It includes detailed information about the fire itself. It also features information provided by Dr.W.S. Caldwell, assistant director of the Canadian Red Cross Society, who traveled to Thessalon from Toronto to do the ...
    TextImagemystery     This is a newspaper clipping about the destruction of the Canadian Red Cross outpost hospital in Thessalon. It includes detailed information about the fire itself. It also features information provided ...
  • Aerial View, Forest Fire, circa 1948 (1/14)
    Image       This is the first of fourteen photo reproductions folder called "Fires" kept in the Thessalon Union Public Library. It is thought that these photos may be related to the report "The Mississagi Fire 1948 Historical Account" contained in the same folder. This photo shows a massive forested landscape, with three ...
    Image     This is the first of fourteen photo reproductions folder called "Fires" kept in the Thessalon Union Public Library. It is thought that these photos may be related to the report ...
  • Forest Fire, circa 1948 (13/14)
    Image       This is the thirteenth of fourteen black and white photo reproductions in a folder called "Fires", thought to be related to "The Mississagi Fire 1948 Historical Account" contained in the same folder. This photo shows water with weeds in the bottom foreground, a forested shoreline and beyond. A wall of ...
    Image     This is the thirteenth of fourteen black and white photo reproductions in a folder called "Fires", thought to be related to "The Mississagi Fire 1948 Historical Account" contained in the ...
  • Main St Fire - Bluebird Restaurant
    Image       This is a black and white photo of the remains of the Bluebird Restaurant that was situated on Main Street between Huron and Algoma along the east side. The fire began in Stewart's Taxi stand, and destroyed four businesses in total.
    Image     This is a black and white photo of the remains of the Bluebird Restaurant that was situated on Main Street between Huron and Algoma along the east side. The fire ...
  • Main St Fire, Town Hall, May 1963
    Image       This is a black and white photo of the corner of Huron and Main (east side) after the fire in May, 1963. This fire destroyed the Town Hall, the Algoma Advocate Office, The Thessalon Police Station and Davidson Real Estate.
    Image     This is a black and white photo of the corner of Huron and Main (east side) after the fire in May, 1963. This fire destroyed the Town Hall, the Algoma ...
  • Main St Fire, Town Hall, Thessalon, 1963
    Image       This is a black and white photo of the corner of Huron and Main (east side) after the fire in May, 1963. The fire destroyed the Town Hall, the Algoma Advocate Office, The Thessalon Police Station, and Davidson Real Estate.
    Image     This is a black and white photo of the corner of Huron and Main (east side) after the fire in May, 1963. The fire destroyed the Town Hall, the Algoma ...
  • Main St Ansara Block Fire, Thessalon, 1963
    Image       This is a black and white photo of the east side of Main Street between Huron and Lorne Street during the fire in the "Ansara Block". The photo shows the fire trucks on scene and the firefighters hosing down the building as the fire rages.
    Image     This is a black and white photo of the east side of Main Street between Huron and Lorne Street during the fire in the "Ansara Block". The photo shows the ...
  • Main Street Fire, Crest Hardware, 1977
    Image       This is a black and white photo of the west side of Main Street during the fire that originated at Crest Hardware on December 6, 1977. A group of firemen can be seen attempting to control the flames and the Stedman's store sign is visible to the right of the ...
    Image     This is a black and white photo of the west side of Main Street during the fire that originated at Crest Hardware on December 6, 1977. A group of firemen ...
  • Main Street Fire, Thessalon, 1977
    Image       This is a black and white photo of the west side of Main Street showing the debris and rubble left in wake of the Crest Hardware fire that sent two local men to the hospital.
    Image     This is a black and white photo of the west side of Main Street showing the debris and rubble left in wake of the Crest Hardware fire that sent two ...
  • Newspaper Clipping, "Sinton Hotel Fire", 1985
    TextImage       A newspaper clipping which shows the remains of the Sinton Hotel after it caught fire on April 4th, 1985. The hotel was located on the corner of Huron and Main on the north west corner and had been a long time landmark. It was built in 1907 by Thomas Moore ...
    TextImage     A newspaper clipping which shows the remains of the Sinton Hotel after it caught fire on April 4th, 1985. The hotel was located on the corner of Huron and Main ...
  • Fire at Thessalon Red Cross Hospital, 1940
    Imagemystery       This is a black and white photo taken of the fire that occurred at the Thessalon Red Cross Hospital April 2, 1940. Bystanders in the foreground have their backs to the camera as they watch five firemen on the floor of the second story landing fight the fire.
    Imagemystery     This is a black and white photo taken of the fire that occurred at the Thessalon Red Cross Hospital April 2, 1940. Bystanders in the foreground have their backs to ...
  • Landmark Hotel Dated Back to Lumber Boom - 1987
    TextImage       A newspaper clipping about the fire that leveled the Rod & Gun Hotel. The historic structure dated back to the original lumber boom times in 1896 when the main part of the hotel was built by Robert Arnill, an early storekeeper and the first postmaster for the village.
    TextImage     A newspaper clipping about the fire that leveled the Rod & Gun Hotel. The historic structure dated back to the original lumber boom times in 1896 when the main part ...
  • Fire Destroys 101 Year Old Iron Bridge Hotel, 1987
    TextImagecomment       This is a clipping from the Sault Star describing the fire that leveled the Rod and Gun Hotel in Iron Bridge, the fire took place on February 15, 1987. Originally built in 1896 as a boarding house by Robert Arnill, the owner of the building at the time of the ...
    TextImagecomment     This is a clipping from the Sault Star describing the fire that leveled the Rod and Gun Hotel in Iron Bridge, the fire took place on February 15, 1987. Originally ...
  • Gardiners Garage, Iron Bridge, 1980
    Image       This color photo shows the remainder of what had been Gardiners Garage. It shows the part of the building left standing after a fire in 1980. This portion of the building was two story with one large picture window on the front of the second story and two large windows ...
    Image     This color photo shows the remainder of what had been Gardiners Garage. It shows the part of the building left standing after a fire in 1980. This portion of the ...
  • "Old Faithful" 1907 Pumper Wagon Postcard, Blind River, Circa 1960
    Image       This color postcard shows a 1907 Pumper Wagon that was situated in front of the Blind River Fire Department. These older vehicles were coal fired and a fireman would feed coal to the engine. This would be done on the way to the fire site in order to build up ...
    Image     This color postcard shows a 1907 Pumper Wagon that was situated in front of the Blind River Fire Department. These older vehicles were coal fired and a fireman would feed ...
  • Bluebird Restaurant, Empire Theatre, and Delhenty`s Barber Shop, Thessalon, circa 1940
    Image       The affixed note at the bottom of the record reads: "EAST SIDE OF THESSALON MAIN STREET SHOWING BLUEBIRD RESTAURANT (BURNED DECEMBER 1, 1950). THEATRE OWNED BY Dan SANDIE THIS WAS TORN DOWN IN 1990. THE ONLY BUILDING STILL STANDING IN 1992 IS NOLIE DELHENTY'S BARBERSHOP COVERED BY SNOW BANK."
    Image     The affixed note at the bottom of the record reads: "EAST SIDE OF THESSALON MAIN STREET SHOWING BLUEBIRD RESTAURANT (BURNED DECEMBER 1, 1950). THEATRE OWNED BY Dan SANDIE THIS WAS ...
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit