Results

We found
116
matching items
  • Milltown Dam, 1912
        At the bottom of the photo: "Dam showing race going into original grist mill and sash and door shop - 1912"
      At the bottom of the photo: "Dam showing race going into original ...
  • Milltown Mill and Blacksmith Shop, 1920
        "Milltown" has been handwritten at the bottom of the photo. Beside this, "Milltown - Mill and Blacksmith Shop - 1920", has been typed. At the top of the photo: "Built about 1880" has been written in blue ink.
      "Milltown" has been handwritten at the bottom of the photo. Beside this, ...
  • School and Church, Livingston Creek, Circa 1900
        This is a black and white photo showing the Livingston Creek church to the left and the log school house to the right. The middle building was used to house horses for people attending either the school or the church. Enid King (teacher) and Jenny McLennan stand near the school ...
      This is a black and white photo showing the Livingston Creek church ...
  • School Buildings S.S #1, Corner of Main and Government Rd, Thessalon, Circa 1905
        School Buildings. Corner of Main St & Government Road. Photo taken between 1900 - 1909
      School Buildings. Corner of Main St & Government Road. Photo taken between ...
  • Little Rapids School House, Circa 1900
        This is a black and white photo of the Little Rapids School house located at Collver's Corners, Little Rapids. It is a wood frame building that has been modified from its original form. The newer portion of the building has 6 large windows and one smaller window in the back. ...
      This is a black and white photo of the Little Rapids School ...
  • Looking West on Highway 17, Nesterville, circa 1925
        This is a black and white photo of Highway 17 looking west as it passes through Nesterville. A cement bridge with railings is visible in the centre of the photo. A number of buildings and storefronts can be seen on the other side of the bridge, one of which is ...
      This is a black and white photo of Highway 17 looking west ...
  • S.S #3 Thessalon School, circa 1930
        This is a black and white photograph of a school building known as S.S. # 3 Thessalon. The building has two doors at each corner of the wall facing the road out front. A small elevated window is seen between the two doors while four tall windows are visible on ...
      This is a black and white photograph of a school building known ...
  • Original Little Rapids Presbyterian Church, circa 1940
        Mrs. G. Gordon
      Mrs. G. Gordon
  • J. J. McFadden Home, Thessalon, circa 1950
        This is a black and white photo of the J. J. McFadden home west of Thessalon. It is a large two story home with a multi-tiered front lawn consisting of large boulders and grass. This house eventually burnt down due to a chimney fire.
      This is a black and white photo of the J. J. McFadden ...
  • Fluke's HomeCare Building Centre, Thessalon, 1988
        This is a colour photo of Fluke's HomeCare Building Centre, taken in 1988. The building centre is made up of two single story buildings, with red siding. The left building is the store and the storage shed is on the right.
      This is a colour photo of Fluke's HomeCare Building Centre, taken in ...
  • View of Thessalon, circa 1900
        This is a black and white photo of part of the north east section of Thessalon. The photo features 'McEwen's Castle' prominently toward the top right of the photo. Other visible landmarks are the woollen mill (left of the castle) and the Anglican Church. NOTE: The photo appears to have ...
      This is a black and white photo of part of the north ...
  • "Splendor Once Visible, Disappears with Time." Thessalon, Ontario
        This is a newspaper clipping and photo of the A.E. Dyment home located on River Road in Thessalon, photo year unknown. The article describes the history and unique features of the home from its estate-like early days to more recent years when it was turned into a six unit apartment ...
      This is a newspaper clipping and photo of the A.E. Dyment home ...
  • "Old, New Show Stability", (Thessalon, Ontario) Sudbury Star Clipping, 1952
    April 5, 1952     This is a newspaper clipping that includes two photos. The brief article talks about examples of good building construction and provides two local examples of that kind of construction.
    April 5, 1952   This is a newspaper clipping that includes two photos. The brief article ...
  • "Thessalon's year full of bumps", Sault Star Clipping, 1978
    Joanne Thompson, The Sault Star, December 29, 1978     This is a newspaper clipping detailing the progress of various construction projects in Thessalon. These projects were undertaken by both the municipal and private sectors in 1978. The article also describes the various delays and challenges faced by some of the projects and has two accompanying photos of local construction ...
    Joanne Thompson, The Sault Star, December 29, 1978   This is a newspaper clipping detailing the progress of various construction projects ...
  • Ansonia Church, 1966
        This is a black and white photo of the Ansonia church, taken in April 1966. The church is a wood frame building and the photo shows the two windows on the left side have been partially broken. Two by fours have been propped up against the front doors, presumably to ...
      This is a black and white photo of the Ansonia church, taken ...
  • Main St Fire - Bluebird Restaurant
        This is a black and white photo of the remains of the Bluebird Restaurant that was situated on Main Street between Huron and Algoma along the east side. The fire began in Stewart's Taxi stand, and destroyed four businesses in total.
      This is a black and white photo of the remains of the ...
  • Schultz Hardware, Lorne Street, Thessalon, Circa 1940
        Picture shows the side of Schultz Hardware in the 1940s. Later MacLeans Crest Hardware, burned in December 1977. Men in picture Bob & Draper Martineau.
      Picture shows the side of Schultz Hardware in the 1940s. Later MacLeans ...
  • Mr. Duncan McMillan and Mr. Thomas Wigg, Thessalon, Summer 1923
        This is a black and white photo of Mr. Duncan McMillan (owner of Algoma Advocate) and Mr. Thomas Wigg (owner of Wigg's Livery). The photo was taken in 1923. One man is crouched on what appears to be the back step of a house. He wears light colored pants and ...
      This is a black and white photo of Mr. Duncan McMillan (owner ...
  • Main Street, Thessalon, Circa 1950
        This is a colorized photo of the Main Street of Thessalon, circa 1950. The view is looking south toward Lake Huron. There are many buildings and cars on the street and it appears to be fall or spring as the trees are almost bare.
      This is a colorized photo of the Main Street of Thessalon, circa ...
  • T. E. Williams House, Thessalon, circa 1920
        This is a black and white photo of the T. E. Williams house. The house is a large two and a half story structure and has a covered front porch that extends the width of the home, There is a small balcony area over the front porch but there does ...
      This is a black and white photo of the T. E. Williams ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1870s1870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
1990s1990199119921993199419951996199719981999
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit