St. Ambrose Roman Catholic Church,Thessalon, Ontario circa 1980
- Mystery Question:
What year was this photo taken?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This is a colour photo of St. Ambrose Roman Catholic Church in Thessalon. The church is shown on the west side of the Thessalon River with two cars parked on the street in front of it.
The building is red brick construction with a covered front entrance and a square bell tower on the front of the church. There is a white cross at the top of the bell tower.
- This church replaced the previous Church that was erected in 1936 but was destroyed by fire. A Catholic cemetery used to be located on the site where the Church is located, it was relocated prior to the second
Church being built.
- At the bottom of the photo: "St. Ambrose Roman Catholic Church - Built 1938" is typed.
- Date of Original:
- CIrca 1980
- Local History
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Thessalon Union Public Library
Agency street/mail address
187 Main St. Box 549
Thessalon, ON P0R 1L0