"Why Scotland & Ireland?"
- Macphail, Agnes Campbell (1890-1954), Author
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Agnes Macphail's introduction to her 1952 Scrapbook, listing her reasons for making the trip to Scotland and Ireland.
Why Scotland and Ireland?
Beauty of scenery (Weather cool & wet)
Crops good in England & Scotland
- one egg
- 1 ounce of cheese
- one bit of meat-on ration
- Fish, vegetable plentiful
People -- Funny bit -- churches collection
- Ireland very Irish both North & south
- Scotland feels Britain is too much England, more administration from Edinburgh would end talk of home rule for Scotland"
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 13.8
Image Height: 21.4
- Local identifier:
- Agnes Macphail Collection
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder:
- Macphail, Agnes Campbell (1890-1954)
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research, any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
Credit line required: The Grey Roots Archival Collection
- Reproduction Notes:
- This page is part of Grey Roots Accession #996.43.18
Grey Roots Museum & Archives