Kitchen in Conrad Hall, Waterloo College
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Colour slide of the kitchen sink and cabinets in Conrad Hall, Waterloo College's residence for women. A white stove is on the far left. A reflection of Marion Axford, Dean of Women, is visible in the mirror hanging above the sink.
- This was the original campus building when the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada opened in 1911. Through the years the building was used for many different purposes. In 1952 the building was renovated and became the first permanent women's residence on campus. In 1954 it was officially named Conrad Hall in honour of Clara Conrad, long-time president of the Women's Auxiliary. The building was demolished in 1962 to make room for the new Waterloo Lutheran Seminary building.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Dean of Womens' kitchen, womens' residence Feb.'52
- Date of Original:
- Feb. 1952
Width: 5 cm
Height: 5 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 3.5cm
Image Height: 2.5cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University historical slide collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- U60 Disc1
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5