Historical plaque, Waterloo Lutheran University
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photograph of an Ontario historical plaque honoring Waterloo Lutheran University as the first institution of higher learning in Waterloo County. The plaque was affixed to the Central Teaching Building (now the Dr. Alvin Woods Building), near the west entrance. It was unveiled by University Chancellor W. Ross Macdonald on October 31, 1969.
- Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original:
- Between 1969 and 1985
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 21.5cm
Image Height: 16cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- U57 Disc19
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5