Waterloo Lutheran Seminary : opening service, Willison Hall Chapel
- Evangelcial Lutheran Seminary of Canada, Author
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Program for the annual opening service of the chapel located in Willison Hall at the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada in Waterloo, Ontario. The chaple organ was dedicated during the ceremony. Includes program, chapel organ specifications, and biographies and photograph of Nils Willison and Margaret Willison.
- Willison Hall was built in 1914, expanded in 1924, and demolished in 1970. It contained administration offices, classrooms and laboratories, a chapel, a dining hall, the library, a gymnasium, and student accommodations. The building was commonly known as “Old Main” until the mid 1950s when it was named in honour of Waterloo College graduate Nils Willison.
The Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada began in 1911. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo Lutheran University was formed, consisting of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 the name of the University was changed to Wilfrid Laurier University, with Waterloo Lutheran Seminary as a federated college.
- Date of Original:
- Sept. 1956
- Local identifier:
- Martin Luther University College fonds
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- Text Disc 7
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5