Waterloo College residence for women
- Waterloo College, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Promotional brochure for Conrad Hall, Waterloo College's first women's residence. Includes description of residence life, rates, and images of students and facilities.
- In ink, reverse: 1952
In 1952 the original campus building was renovated and became the first permanent women's residence on campus. In 1954 it was officially named Conrad Hall in honour of Clara Conrad, long-time president of the Women's Auxiliary. The building was demolished in 1962 to make room for the new Waterloo Lutheran Seminary building.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Women's Auxiliary of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary fonds
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- Text Disc4
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5