Willison Hall, Waterloo College
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white postcard of Willison Hall at Waterloo College. A car is parked in front of the building.
- Willison Hall was built in 1914, expanded in 1924, and demolished in 1970. It contained administration offices, classrooms and laboratories, a chapel, a dining hall, the library, a gymnasium, and student accommodations. The building was commonly known as “Old Main” until the mid 1950s when it was named in honour of Waterloo College graduate Nils Willison.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Waterloo College, Waterloo, Ont., Canada.
- Evans & Bowman
- Place of Publication:
- Walsingham, Ont.
- Date of Original:
- Between 1924 and 1950
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 14cm
Image Height: 9cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- U57 Disc17
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5