Lutheran Church Women Convention, 1972
- Kitchener-Waterloo Record, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph five women at the 1972 Lutheran Church Women convention, held at Waterloo Lutheran University. Left to right: Mrs. E. Paul Nonamaker, Mrs. Wilburn Wagner, Mrs. Calvin Bowyer, Mrs. Hugh McIntyre, Mrs. Wilbert Bleehm.
- Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada is one of five synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada, consisting of more than 200 member congregations and 78,000 baptized members. The territory of the Eastern Synod runs from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario to Halifax, Nova Scotia.
In July 1861 the Canada Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Canada was organized by the former Canadian Conference of the Pittsburgh Synod. In 1867 the Canada Synod helped organize the General Council. In 1908 the Central Canada Synod organized as a result of English activity of the General Council. In 1918 both synods became part of the United Lutheran Church in America. In 1925 the Canada Synod and the Central Canada Synod merged, retaining the name Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Canada. In 1962 the Canada Synod reorganized as the Eastern Canada Synod of the Lutheran Church in America, comprised of the provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and most of Ontario. In 1985 the Eastern Canada Synod withdrew from the Lutheran Church in America to join with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Canada to form the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. In 1986 the new church began to function officially, retaining its membership in the Lutheran Council in Canada.
- Photographer stamp, reverse: Kitchener-Waterloo Record / photograph
- Date of Original
- May 1972
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 18cm
Image Height: 13cm
- Local identifier
- Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- University of Waterloo Library
- Copyright Holder Contact Information
- Special Collections
University of Waterloo
200 University Ave. W.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1
Phone: (519) 888-4567 ext. 32619 or ext. 33122
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S100 Disc2
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5