Construction of the Arts Building addition
- Hebert, Ray, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the construction of the east wing of the Arts Building at Waterloo Lutheran University. A crane is moving a steel girder onto the superstructure of the addition. Construction workers are standing on the girders.
- The Arts Building was constructed in 1953. The east wing was added in 1963.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Reverse: Tuesday, March 26/63 -- Steel girders are moved into place on the superstructure of the addition to the Arts building at Waterloo Lutheran University. To be completed in September, the building will have an amphitheatre accommodating 300, new Torque Room serving light lunches, and additional classroom facilities for Geography and language departments. Cost of the addition, including furnishings, is $650,000. (Ray Hebert photo)
- Date of Original
- March 26, 1963
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24.5cm
Image Height: 19.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5