Construction of the Arts Building addition
- Hebert, Ray, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the construction of the east wing of the Arts Building at Waterloo Lutheran University. Cars are parked on the road and in the lot beside the building.
- The Arts Building was constructed in 1953. The east wing was added in 1963.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Reverse: Friday, March 29/63 -- Superstructure takes shape! The giant crane moves the steel girders into place on the $650,000 addition to the Arts building at Waterloo Lutheran University. To be completed by September, the addition will have more classroom facilities for the Geography and language departments, an enlarged Torque Room serving light lunches, a 300 seat amphitheater, faculty and seminar rooms. (Ray Hebert photo)
- Date of Original
- March 29, 1963
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24.5cm
Image Height: 19.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc9
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5