Historical plaque at Waterloo Lutheran University
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photograph of a man reading the Waterloo Lutheran University historical plaque. The plaque, presented by the Archeological and Historical Sites Board of Ontario, recognizes the University as the first school of higher learning in Waterloo County. It was mounted on the west wall of the Central Teaching Building (now the Dr. Alvin Woods Building).
- Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- In ink, reverse: Cent. Teaching Bldg
- Date of Original:
- Between 1969 and 1990
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 16.5cm
Image Height: 11cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- U57 Disc9
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5