Presentation of Waterloo Lutheran University mace
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photograph of the presentation of the mace at Waterloo Lutheran University's 1963 fall convocation ceremony. W. Max Euler (centre) presents the mace to Convocation Marshall Glenn Carroll. At left is William J. Villaume, Waterloo Lutheran University president and vice-chancellor.
- The mace of Wilfrid Laurier University was officially presented by the Euler family at fall convocation 1963, in memory of the Hon. Senator W. D. Euler, the first chancellor of the University. It weighs sixteen pounds and was manufactured by the firm of Henry Birks Limited, Montreal.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original:
- Sept. 19, 1963
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 11.5cm
Image Height: 9cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- U57 Disc9
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5