Waterloo Lutheran University Library, Phase 2 construction
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the Waterloo Lutheran University Library during the second phase of construction. The fourth and fifth floors were added to the building. A crane is hoisting a steel girder to the top of the structure.
- The Wilfrid Laurier University Library, a seven storey building located on the main campus, was constructed in three phases. Initial construction began in 1964, and the three storey Library opened in 1965. Construction phases 2 and 3, completed in 1971 and 1984, added the fourth through seventh floors. A major renovation took place in 2002.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 8cm
Image Height: 11.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University Photograph Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5