Waterloo Lutheran University coat of arms and mace
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photograph of two men holding the Waterloo Lutheran University coat of arms. They are standing behind the University mace. The man on the left is Earl Haase, chairman of the committee in charge of preparing the mace.
- The mace of Wilfrid Laurier University was officially presented by the Euler family at the fall convocation 1963, in memory of the Hon. Senator W. D. Euler, the first chancellor of the University. It weighs sixteen pounds and was manufactured by the firm of Henry Birks Limited, Montreal.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Reverse: Copy by / Hayes Advertising / Waterloo / neg. no. Y140
- Date of Original:
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 24.5cm
Image Height: 18cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5