Waterloo College Winter Carnival Committee 1966
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white group photograph of the 1966 Winter Carnival Committee. Left to right, front row: Carole Hawken, John McFadyen, Wayne Ginou, Carol Hunter. Second row: Graham Inson, Jenny Darrel, Penny Chadder, Molly Harris, Don Baker. Third row: Carl Young, Bob Rayner, Stan Stewart, Rick Argo, Bob Schmidt. Fourth row: John Schram, Ralph Finkle, Dick Hotta, Brian Russell, Grant Ballantyne, Bob Thiesburger, Andy Gordon. Fifth row: Guy Gausby, Neil Paterson, Marshall Aikens, John Stacey, Rick Baxter, Max McLean.
- Winter Carnival is an annual event organized by Wilfrid Laurier University students. The first Winter Carnival was held in 1961. Over the years the event has featured many different activities, including ice sculpture contests, musical concerts, outdoor sporting events, and the Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original:
- 1965 or 1966
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 24cm
Image Height: 19.5cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- U57 Disc7
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5