Organization meeting, Women's Missionary Society, St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Kitchener, Ontario
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photograph of the organization meeting of the Women's Missionary Society of St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Kitchener, Ontario. The women are posed indoors. Standing in the background are Rev. Albert Lotz (right) and Rev. Henry Nuhn (left).
- St. Peter’s Lutheran Church is a member of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. It is located at 49 Queen Street North in Kitchener, Ontario. The congregation was organized in 1863 as Die Evangelische Lutherische St. Petri Gemeinde.
The first church building was completed in 1863, but was demolished in 1877. Construction of a new church took way and was completed in 1868. In 1922, a parish hall was added next to the existing church building; and in 1928, the church’s interior was completely remodeled. By the 1960s, the church had consistent repair issues and was not large enough to support all the church’s programmes. The decision was made to demolish the existing church building and by 1966, construction of the new church was completed. In 2012 The Labyrinth at St. Peter’s was created on the floor of St. Peter’s Chapel, providing a space for prayer and meditation.
- Reverse, in ink: Organization Meeting
Women's Missionary Society
Row 1: Mrs. Hester Lotz, Romayn Kilker, Helen Rau, Muriel Stauffer, Doris Gruhn, Edith Stiefelmeyer, Myrtle Schulte, Mrs. H. Graber, Mrs. Carter
Row 2: Mrs. Chas Luft, [unknown], Mrs. Fred Luft, [unknown], Mrs. John Koegler, Miss W. Hiller, Mrs. Kipp, Miss E. Glebe, Mrs. A. Giller
Row 3: Hrs. Hasenpflug?, [unknown], [unknown], [unknown], [unknown], Eleanor Stuempfle, Laura Freund, Mrs. F. Kaminska, Mrs. Louis Steppler
Standing: Pastor H. Nuhn, Pastor A. Lotz
- Date of Original:
Width: 13 cm
Height: 8 cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church fonds
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- S2041 Disc1
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5