Liberal convention delegate ribbon, 1893
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Delegate ribbon from the 1893 Liberal Convention. The silk ribbon features a portrait of Wilfrid Laurier, and the words "Liberal Convention, Delegate, Ottawa, June 20th, 1893".
- The ribbon is stained and frayed.
Wilfrid Laurier (1841-1919) was Canada's eighth Prime Minister, holding office 1896-1911. Laurier was born in St. Lin, Quebec. He received a law degree from McGill University in 1864, and practiced law in Montreal and Arthabaskville from 1864-1896. Wilfrid Laurier was Liberal party leader from 1887 until his death in 1919.
- Date of Original:
Width: 5.5 cm
Height: 19 cm
- Local identifier:
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier collection
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- S706 Disc5
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5