Royal Canadian College of Organists National Convention, 1969
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white photograph of five people at the 1969 Royal Canadian College of Organists National Convention, held in Vancouver, British Columbia. The three men and two women are standing indoors. Included in the photograph are Harold Jerome, Charles and Mrs. Peaker, and Reginald Geen.
- The Royal Canadian College of Organists (RCCO) is an interdenominational community of professional and amateur organists, church musicians, choral conductors, and others who share an interest in organs and organ music. RCCO supports the development of organ and choral performance in Canada, and church musicianship.
Founded as the Canadian Guild of Organists in 1909, RCCO is the nation’s oldest association of musicians. In 1920 the name was changed to Canadian College of Organists, and in 1959 Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II granted use of the Royal prefix.
RCCO supports its members in the development and practice of organ and choral performance, and church musicianship. It offers vocational support to its members, publishes a bimonthly journal, holds annual conventions, and publishes organ and choral works. Annual examinations are held for the diplomas of Colleague, Associate and Fellow; the Professional Diploma in Choral Conducting; and the certificates in Service Playing and Choir Training.
The Royal Canadian College of Organists is a federally incorporated registered charitable organization. It is administered by a Board of Directors. The National Council is an independent advisory board which includes the directors, chairs of standing committees, and member representatives.
RCCO is divided into 8 geographic Regions: Atlantic; Quebec and Eastern Ontario; Central Ontario; Southern Ontario; Western Ontario; Manitoba and Northwest Ontario; Prairies; and Pacific. Within each Region are local Centers, where members carry out the day to day activities of the College in their own communities.
- On reverse, in ink: H Jerome, Charles + Mrs. Peaker, Reginald Geen, Vancouver 1969 (convention)
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 17cm
Image Height: 11cm
- Local identifier
- Royal Canadian College of Organists collection
- Geographic Coverage
British Columbia, Canada
Latitude: 49.24966 Longitude: -123.11934
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S506 Disc 1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5