Installation ceremony of Waterloo Lutheran University Chancellor William Ross Macdonald, December 5, 1964
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photograph of the installation of Waterloo Lutheran University Chancellor W. Ross Macdonald. Waterloo Lutheran University Board of Governors Chair Harry Greb (left) and W. Ross Macdonald are standing on stage during the ceremony. Both men are wearing academic gowns and hoods.
- W. Ross Macdonald (1891-1976) was a lawyer, politician, Solicitor General of Canada, and Chancellor of Waterloo Lutheran University from 1964 to 1972.
Canadian businessman Harry Greb was chair of the Waterloo Lutheran University Board of Governors from 1962 to 1972.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original:
- Dec. 5, 1964
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 17cm
Image Height: 11.5cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University 75th anniversary photograph and slide collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- U55 Disc3
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5