William G. Davis at Waterloo Lutheran University fall convocation, 1963
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photograph of William G. Davis speaking at Waterloo Lutheran University fall convocation, 1963. He is wearing an academic gown, and is standing beside the University mace.
- William Grenville Davis was the 18th Premier of Ontario, holding office from 1971-1985. He was given an honorary Doctor of Laws from Waterloo Lutheran University in October 1963.
The mace of Wilfrid Laurier University was officially presented by the Euler family at the Fall Convocation, 1963, in memory of the Hon. Senator W. D. Euler, the first chancellor of the University. It weighs sixteen pounds and was manufactured by the firm of Henry Birks Limited, Montreal.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original:
- Oct. 1963
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 15cm
Image Height: 11.5cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University 75th anniversary photograph and slide collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- U55 Disc2
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5