Wilfrid Laurier University librarians Joan Mitchell and Sharon Brown with donated rare book
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Colour photograph of Wilfrid Laurier University Librarian Sharon Brown (right), presenting a donated rare book to Archives Librarian Joan Mitchell. Members of Laurier's Chapel Choir are visible in the background.
- "Flores omnium fere doctorum, qui super sacris literis conscripserunt , necnon & quorundam aliorum doctissimorum", 1550, was donated to Laurier Library's rare book collection by a faculty member. The official presentation was made during a reception for the unveiling of a 15th century manuscript, which was held in the Library.
The original University Library was located in Willison Hall. The current Library, located on the main campus, is a seven floor structure. Initial construction of the Library began in 1965 resulting in a three floor building. Additions in 1971 and 1984 completed the building. A major renovation took place in 2002.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original:
- April 3, 2008
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 15cm
Image Height: 10.5cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- U57 Disc1
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5