Ice Carnival Weekend : Waterloo University College, February 1 & 2, 1963
- Waterloo Lutheran University, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Program for the 1963 Waterloo Lutheran University Ice Carnival Weekend, held February 1-2, 1963. Includes message from Carnival Chairman Cliff Mahood, schedule of events, advertisements, and information about the Waterloo University College Snow Queen and Eastern Canadian Snow Queen pageants and contestants. Also includes images of students, campus, featured entertainers and beauty pageant contestants.
- The back cover is damaged.
The first Winter Carnival at Waterloo Lutheran University was held in 1961. The Winter Carnival and the Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant were organized and run entirely by the students of Waterloo Lutheran University. The event featured outdoor activities, ice sculpture contests, musical concerts, sporting events, and the Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant. The last Queen Pageant hosted by WLU was in 1970.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University Winter Carnival collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- Text Disc21
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5