Preston, Feb. 16, 1912.
This afternoon a number of ladies met at the home of Mrs. Stahlschmidt to organize a Ladies' Missionary Society.
After a short talk by Rev. Lucas to explain the object and work of the Society, the following officers were elected:
Hon. President - Rev. C.Lucas.
President - Mrs. Stahlschmidt on motion by Mrs. Lucas seconded by Mrs. C.Clare.
Vice-President - Mrs. J.Wirsching on motion by Miss L. Martin seconded by Miss Ewald.
Secretary - Miss L.Martin on motion by Mrs. C.Clare seconded by Mrs. Kleindienst.
Treasurer - Miss Ewald, on motion by Mrs. C.Clare seconded by Mrs. Kleindienst
Literature Chairman - Mrs. Sohrt, on motion by Mrs. C.Clare seconded by Mrs. Theurer.
A membership fee of ten cents per month was then decided upon. It was decided to begin work immediately on bedding, gowns, towels, pads, etc., so that they can be sent with the bale that other Lutheran Societies are getting ready
to send to an hospital in India.
It was decided that the Society meet weekly for the purpose of sewing, until all articles intended for the bale to India are completed.
After sewing for a few hours the meeting adjourned.
L. Martin, Sec.