Letter from Wilfrid Laurier to Ulric Barthe, January 14, 1891
- Laurier, Wilfrid, Correspondent
- Barthe, Ulric, Recipient
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Typed and signed letter from Wilfrid Laurier to Ulric Barthe on January 14, 1891.
- This letter is one of a series written by Wilfrid Laurier to journalist Ulric Barthe between January 1889 and January 1891. Much of the correspondence relates to Barthe's request for copies of speeches delivered by Laurier in order to be published. Barthe's compilation, "Wilfrid Laurier à la tribune" ("Wilfrid Laurier on the platform") was published in 1890.
Wilfrid Laurier (1841-1919) was Canada's eighth Prime Minister, holding office 1896-1911. Laurier was born in St. Lin, Quebec. He received a law degree from McGill University in 1864, and practiced law in Montreal and Arthabaskville from 1864-1896. Wilfrid Laurier was Liberal party leader from 1887 until his death in 1919.
Transcribed by Katherine Karpiak in June 2013.
- Date of Original
- Jan. 14, 1891
Width: 21 cm
Height: 27.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.91677 Longitude: -72.0824
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S706 Disc2
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5