Panoramic view of Waterloo, Ontario
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Two black and white photographs held together with transparent tape to create a panoramic view of Waterloo, Ontario. The attached description, written by Waterloo College student Earle Shelley, describes the landscape.
- See also U57_2277.1
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 it became Waterloo Lutheran University, composed of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University became Wilfrid Laurier University. In September 1999 Laurier Brantford opened in Brantford, Ontario.
- A view taken from what we used to call Devil's Hill the black spot in the centre at horizon of right half is where the new water tower replaced the old which is the spot in the picture. All of this area is new occupied by the University of Waterloo and adjacent housing areas. In the centre from left to right ran a stream on whose bank the above "Retreat" (shack) was built by Carolus Little and myself and we spent many a summer night there in those early years, of 1923 to 1926.
- Date of Original:
- Between 1923 and 1926
Width: 11.5 cm
Height: 18 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 7cm
Image Height: 18cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- U57 Disc38
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5