Waterloo Lutheran University spring convocation 1961
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photograph of four men standing outdoors at the 1961 Waterloo Lutheran University spring convocation ceremony. They are all wearing academic caps, gowns and hoods. Left to right: Henry Larsen, honorary degree recipient; William Daum Euler, Chancellor; George Hees, honorary degree recipient; Ronald Allen, honorary degree recipient.
- Waterloo Lutheran University's first convocation was held at the Mutual Life Auditorium on May 20, 1961. William Daum Euler was installed as chancellor during the ceremony.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Reverse, in ink; 1961 SPR. CONV. H. Overgaard / B23 / 37
- Date of Original:
- May 20, 1961
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 24cm
Image Height: 19cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- U57 Disc36
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5