Honorary degree recipients at Waterloo Lutheran University spring convocation 1961
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photograph of three men wearing academic caps, gowns and hoods at the 1961 Waterloo Lutheran University spring convocation ceremony. They were granted honorary degrees during the ceremony, and are holding Henry Larsen's Doctor of Laws, Honoris Causa. Left to right: Henry Larsen, George Hees, Ronald Allen.
- Waterloo Lutheran University's first convocation was held at the Mutual Life Auditorium on May 20, 1961. William Daum Euler was installed as chancellor during the ceremony.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Reverse, in ink; SPRING CONVOC 1961 H. Overgaard 27 / B20 / 2 Hal / 20
- Date of Original:
- May 20, 1961
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 24cm
Image Height: 19cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- U57 Disc36
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5