Construction of Science Building, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Hertel, James, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Colour photograph of the Science Building construction site on the Wilfrid Laurier University campus. Hoarding walls encircle the houses that are about to be demolished. On the left is the intersection of Bricker Street and King Street. The Wilfrid Laurier University campus is in the background and the Beaver gas station is in the foreground.
- The Science Building is located on Laurier’s Waterloo campus. Construction of the building began in 1993. The Science Building houses the departments of Physics and Computing, Psychology, Chemistry and Biology. The official opening took place in January 1995.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original:
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 24.8cm
Image Height: 20.5cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder:
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- U57 Disc36
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5