Waterloo Lutheran University orientation week button
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Buttons (Information artifacts)
- Pin-back button worn by sophmore students during Waterloo Lutheran University initiation week. The purple button features a university crest, an Eileen Falconer name tag, and the word "HERO".
- Eileen Mercier (nee Falconer) is an alumnae of Wilfrid Laurier University and a professional business director. She attend Waterloo Lutheran University from 1964 to 1968, graduating with a BA. As a student she was involved in Students’ Council and was a member of the choir. Mercier went on to receive an MA at the University of Alberta and an MBA from York University. During her career she has held senior management and a director positions at several prominent companies and organizations. In 1991 Eileen Mercier received the Wilfrid Laurier University Outstanding Business Leader Award. A long-standing member of the Wilfrid Laurier University Board of Governors, Mercier served as chair from 1998-1990.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 8.5cm
- Local identifier
- Eileen Mercier fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- RG-102.6 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5