Grand opening of Wilkes House Residence, Laurier Brantford
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Colour digital photograph of Wilfrid Laurier University President Robert Rosehart (centre) standing with Brantford mayor Mike Hancock (left) Shawkey Fahel in front of Wilkes House Residence during the opening ceremony. They are each holding a framed photograph of the building.
- The Wilkes House Residence, located at 119 Darling Street, is a 1870s heritage building named after one of Brantford’s founding families. It became a Laurier Brantford residence and student recreation facility in 2006.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original:
- June 22, 2006
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 3504px
Image Height: 2336px
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder:
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5