Second place ribbon, 1939 Waterloo College Invitation Games
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Second place ribbon for the Waterloo College 5th annual Invitation Games held at Woodside Park in Kitchener, Ontario on May 6, 1939. The light blue ribbon features black lettering.
- In 1935 Waterloo College hosted the first Invitation Games, an annual track and field meet for Central Western Ontario high schools. The Games featured events for male and female athletes. The Waterloo College Invitation Games were suspended from 1941-1945, and resumed in 1946.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Waterloo College 5th annual Invitation Games / Second / Woodside Park Kitchener May 6th 1939
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 4cm
Image Height: 17cm
- Local identifier
- Waterloo College Invitation Games collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- RG-102.14 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5