Waterloo Lutheran University homecoming parade, 1969
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour photograph of Homecoming princesses Gail Carr (waving to the camera) and Wendy Walker riding on the back of a red car in the 1969 Waterloo Lutheran University homecoming parade. Two men are sitting in the front seat of the car. A BP gas station is in the background. The sign on the drivers door reads "Car courtesy of Stevens Motors. Drivers Autosport Club". The sign on the side of the car reads "Gail Carr".
- Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Reverse: Homecoming Princesses Gail Carr (blue) & Wendy Walker (red) 1969. Parade down King St.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 7.5cm
Image Height: 7.5cm
- Local identifier
- Gail Murray fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S743 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5