Second annual Summer School for Church Workers and twelfth annual convention of the Women's Missionary Society of Central Canada, 1920
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Program for the second annual Summer School for Church Workers, held at the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada June 27-30, 1920. Includes program for the twelfth annual convention of the Women's Missionary Society of Central Canada. Includes schedule and names of speakers.
- There are pencil markings on page 3.
Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada is one of five synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada, consisting of more than 200 member congregations and 78,000 baptized members. The territory of the Eastern Synod runs from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario to Halifax, Nova Scotia.
In July 1861 the Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Canada (Canada Synod) was organized by the former Canadian Conference of the Pittsburgh Synod. In 1867 the Canada Synod helped organize the General Council. In 1908 the Central Canada Synod organized as a result of English activity of the General Council. In 1918 both synods became part of the United Lutheran Church in America. In 1925 the Canada Synod and the Central Canada Synod merged, retaining the name Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Canada (Canada Synod). In 1962 the Canada Synod reorganized as the Eastern Canada Synod of the Lutheran Church in America, comprised of the provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and most of Ontario. In 1985 the Eastern Canada Synod withdrew from the Lutheran Church in America to join with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Canada to form the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. In 1986 the new church began to function officially, retaining its membership in the Lutheran Council in Canada.
Summer School for Church Workers was started by the Canada Synod of the United Lutheran Church in America in 1919. The three day convention allowed church members to attend lectures on Church work and participate in social activities. The event was held annually at the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada in Waterloo, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- S100 126.96.36.199.6
- Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada fonds
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S100 Disc3
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5