014-1977 : New building approved for WLU as replacement for temporary space
- Wilfrid Laurier University, Author
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Wilfrid Laurier University news release announcing that the Ministry of Colleges and Universities has approved construction of a professional teaching building on campus. The new building will be erected at the corner of University Avenue and Albert Street.
- Construction of the Frank C. Peters Building began in 1978 and was completed in 1980. It is home to the Wilfrid Laurier University School of Business & Economics. The building is named in honour of Frank C. Peters, President of Wilfrid Laurier University from 1967 to 1978.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Place of Publication:
- Waterloo, Ont.
- Date of Original:
- March 3, 1977
- Local identifier:
- News from Wilfrid Laurier University
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder:
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5