Snow sculpture at Waterloo Lutheran University Winter Carnival 1962
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Colour slide of a snow sculpture of a globe and a cross at Waterloo Lutheran University winter carnival 1962. The Arts Building is in the background.
- Winter Carnival is an annual event organized by Wilfrid Laurier University students. The first Winter Carnival was held in 1961. Over the years the event has featured many different activities, including ice sculpture contests, musical concerts, outdoor sporting events, and the Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original:
Width: 5 cm
Height: 5 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 3.5cm
Image Height: 2.5cm
- Local identifier:
- Wilfrid Laurier University historical slide collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes:
- U60 Disc1
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5