051-1968 : Nine at WLU honored with Centennial medals
- Waterloo Lutheran University, Author
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Waterloo Lutheran University news release announcing that nine men and women associated with the university have received centennial medals from the Government of Canada. They are: Tamara Giesbrecht, Harry D. Greb, Otto W. Hieck, J. Ray Houser, Ulrich Leupold, Albert W. Lotz, Senator W. Ross Macdonald, Flora Roy, and Lloyd H. Schaus.
- Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Place of Publication:
- Waterloo, Ont.
- Date of Original:
- March 19, 1968
AwardsCentennial celebrationsWaterloo Lutheran UniversityWaterloo Lutheran University - EmployeesHouser, J. RayLeupold, Ulrich S., 1909-1970Schaus, Lloyd H.Roy, FloraHeick, Otto WilliamLotz, Albert W.Waterloo Lutheran University - FacultyMacdonald, W. RossGreb, Harry D.Waterloo Lutheran Seminary - AdministrationGiesbrecht, Tamara
- Local identifier:
- News from Waterloo Lutheran University
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder:
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5