Royal Canadian School of Signals, 2nd year COTC No 4 Tp, 1956 Kingston Ontario
- Lightfoot, K., Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white group photograph of the Royal Canadian School of Signals, second year Canadian Officers' Training Corps, number 4 troop 1956, in Kingston, Ontario. The men are posed in uniform. Waterloo College students Harold Russell, Donald McNaughton, Jeremy Hughes, and Fred Dahms are members of the troop.
Left to right, FRONT ROW: O/C Donald McNaughton; 2 lt M.U. Oberhofer; Maj G.P. Dawson, CD; Colonel H. A. Millen, OBE, CD; Lt J. A. Wright; O/C R. A. Lenton; O/C J. W. Holland.
SECOND ROW: O/C Fred Dahms; O/C Jeremy Hughes; O/C C. D. Spencer; O/C R. M. Moskal; O/C D. J. Bradley; O/C H. M. Hoyt; O/C Harold Russell; O/C A. A. Neumann.
THIRD ROW: O/C P. J. Harkness; O/C A. O. Laine; O/C J. H. Campbell; O/C B. F. Smith; O/C F. A. Jobes; O/C C. G. Shearing; O/C C. S. Mason.
FOURTH ROW: O/C D. B. Dawkins, O/C R. T. Harrison; O/C D. J. Harshaw; O/C D. R. Bewley; O/C W. J. Slater; O/C G. S. Kells; O/C J. V. R. Manning.
- The university-based Canadian Officers’ Training Corps (C.O.T.C.) trained undergraduate students for officer commissions in the Canadian Army reserves. Cadets pursued their degree throughout the school year, and served Canadian Army corps during the summer. The Waterloo College detachment of the University of Western Ontario Contingent was established in 1940.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
Width: 32.5 cm
Height: 28 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24cm
Image Height: 19cm
- Local identifier
- Harold Russell fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.23342 Longitude: -76.4994
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S742 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5