Harbour mouth, Cobourg
- W. H. Bartlett, Attributed name
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Titled "The Harbour-mouth, Cobourg"
- Sailing ships were hauled in and out by steam tugs, but steamships came right up to the east side of East Pier.The Cobourg Harbour Co. was incorporated and began operating in about 1830, starting with this pier. This first pier began near the entrance to the present trailer park, extended 500 feet into the lake and ended with a lighthouse. This is a photograph of the Bartlett print. The sketch on which it was based was made in the late 1870s.
- Date of Original:
- Local identifier:
- Historical Photographs
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Cobourg Public Library
Agency street/mail address
200 Ontario Street, Cobourg, ON K9A 5P4