Ontario Training School for Boys
- Media Type
- Item Type
- In the 1940s the Ontario Training school housed girls who had encounters with the law. In 1951 the girls were moved to Galt and the house held boys from the Galt Training School. The original school was spread over four large home previouly owned by Americans, but as the decades brought increased numbers, demolition of three of the four residences took place as did the building of modern cottages. In 1973 Brookside became a co-educational facility. Today, of the original summer homes, oly one remains as an office area.
- World Wide Sales Agencies, Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Date of Original
- c. 1940
- Local identifier
- Historical Photographs
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.95977 Longitude: -78.16515
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Cobourg Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
200 Ontario Street, Cobourg, ON K9A 5P4