The Weekly Register - January 1812
- Niles, Hezekiah, Editor
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Pages for the month of January 1812 are divided as follows:
January 4th, pages 321-336
• Seventh chapter of a piece discussing the history of the invasion of Spain by Napoleon
January 11th, pages 337-360
January 18th, pages 361-376
• Report that claims native chief the Prophet and his brother Tecumseh would be surrendered to General Harrison, and that the natives had lost 214 killed, plus more wounded, in the battle on the Wabash
January 25th, pages 377-392
• Report of a passed bill to raise an additional army in the United States, including details
• Report of details of the United States’ Militia Bill
• Report of decision to increase the size of the US navy
PLEASE CLICK ON THE WEEKLY PERIODICALS ON THE RIGHT OF THE SCREEN (PDF FILES)TO DOWNLOAD FILES.
Look for other issues of the Weekly Register within this website.
The Weekly Register, also known as Niles Weekly Register, was a weekly periodical edited by Hezekiah Niles (1777-1839) and published in Baltimore Maryland. Volumes of interest were published between 1811 (Vol. 1, No. 1, September 7, 1811) to 1814 (Vol. 5, No. 26, February 26, 1814). These volumes focus primarily on 19th century politics and government in the United States of America.
Niles edited and published the Weekly Register until 1836, making it one of the most widely-circulated magazines in the United States. The popularity also made Niles into one of the most influential journalists of his day. Devoted primarily to politics, Niles' Weekly Register is considered an important source for the history of the period. The Register also recorded current economics, technology, science, medicine, geography, archaeology, the weather, and stories of human interest.
- Call Number: SPCL PER JK 1 N52
- Place of Publication:
- U.S.A., Maryland, Baltimore
- Date of Original:
- January 1812
- Brock University, James A. Gibson Library, Special Collections and Archives
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Brock University Archives
Agency street/mail address
James A. Gibson Library,
500 Glenridge Avenue,
St. Catharines, Ontario L2S 3A1
Telephone: 905-688-5550 x3264