The Weekly Register - December 1811
- Niles, Hezekiah, Editor
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Issues for the December 1811 Weekly Register newspaper (Baltimore, Maryland) are divided as follows:
December 7th, pages 241-256
• Article discussing the preparedness and potential for war with Canada
• Account of the battle near Prophet’s Town, taken from a letter by General Harrison
December 14th, pages 257-280
December 21st, pages 281-296
• Sixth chapter of a piece discussing the history of the invasion of Spain by Napoleon
December 28th, pages 299-320
• Correspondence and reports on the Battle on the Wabash
PLEASE CLICK ON THE WEEKLY PERIODICALS ON THE RIGHT OF THE SCREEN (PDF FILES)TO DOWNLOAD FILES.
Look for other issues of the Weekly Register within this website.
The Weekly Register, also known as Niles Weekly Register, was a weekly periodical edited by Hezekiah Niles (1777-1839) and published in Baltimore Maryland. Volumes of interest were published between 1811 (Vol. 1, No. 1, September 7, 1811) to 1814 (Vol. 5, No. 26, February 26, 1814). These volumes focus primarily on 19th century politics and government in the United States of America.
Niles edited and published the Weekly Register until 1836, making it one of the most widely-circulated magazines in the United States. The popularity also made Niles into one of the most influential journalists of his day. Devoted primarily to politics, Niles' Weekly Register is considered an important source for the history of the period. The Register also recorded current economics, technology, science, medicine, geography, archaeology, the weather, and stories of human interest.
- Call Number: SPCL PER JK 1 N52
- Place of Publication:
- U.S.A., Maryland, Baltimore
- Date of Original:
- December 1811
- Brock University, James A. Gibson Library, Special Collections and Archives
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
Brock University Archives
Agency street/mail address
James A. Gibson Library,
500 Glenridge Avenue,
St. Catharines, Ontario L2S 3A1
Telephone: 905-688-5550 x3264