Portrait of Young Woman by I. H. Lewis, Photographer [n.d.]
- Mystery Question:
Can you identify the woman in this photograph?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- I. H. Lewis, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Cabinet photographs
- An unidentified young Black woman is featured in this cabinet card portrait by photographer I. H. (Isaac) Lewis, of Toronto. The photographer's name and address is stamped in gold lettering on the lower front of the card. The address is given as 106 1/2 Queen St. W., Toronto. This cabinet card was in the possession of Iris Sloman Bell, of St. Catharines, Ontario. The Bell - Sloman family relatives include former Black slaves from the United States who settled in Canada.
- Isaac H. Lewis was a photographer in Toronto from 1886 - 1900.
Source: Phillips, Glen C. The Ontario photographers list (1851-1900). Sarnia: Iron Gate Publishing Co., 1990.
- Place of Publication:
- Personal Name(s):
- Isaac H. Lewis
- Rick Bell Family Fonds - RG 63
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- RG 63 Rick Bell Family fonds, Brock University Archives, Brock University.
- Current copyright applies. In some instances, researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the Brock University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the Library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
Brock University Archives
Agency street/mail address
James A. Gibson Library,
500 Glenridge Avenue,
St. Catharines, Ontario L2S 3A1
Telephone: 905-688-5550 x3264